WWF South AfricaWWF partners with government, businesses and people to encourage everyone to be more and environmentally responsible and energy efficient. We inspire people to live within their fair share of the world´s natural resources, and protect the animals and plants that we share the planet with.
WWF South Africa operates within three discrete, but overlapping, operational units – Living Waters, Living Lands, and Living Planet.
WWF South Africa’s integrated strategy is underpinned by 8 primary goals to ensure that South Africa’s biodiversity is conserved and that our footprint remains within the earth’s capacity to sustain life.
With this in mind, WWF South Africa aims to…
- Conserve the biodiversity assets (endangered wildlife, species, habitats and ecosystems) of South Africa
- Ensure natural ecosystems and their services are appropriately valued and integrated into sustainable development
- Play a leading role among developing countries in addressing the risks and opportunities associated with climate change
- Improve the livelihoods of communities who are most directly dependent on natural resources through better environmental practices
- Inform South African consumers to influence appropriate environmental practice from the private and public sectors
- Instil a culture of environmental responsibility in Business and Industry (including agriculture, fishing and mining)
- Advocate for government policies incorporating sound environmental principles that promote, maintain and enhance biodiversity and ecological services
- Increase environmental skills and capacity among current and future leaders
Click here to find out more about WWF South Africa´s work